Please note that we represent tenants only in these matters. We deal with issues that arise under the Residential Tenancies Act such as, applications about maintenance, tenants’ rights, illegal damage deposits, etc. If you are living in an official University Residence we cannot assist you as the Residential Tenancies Act does not apply. Visit the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board Website for their FAQs.

We handle summary conviction or hybrid matters proceeded with summarily of a relatively minor nature where there is no possibility of jail time. You must not qualify for a Legal Aid Ontario Certificate and therefore have a Legal Aid Ontario Rejection letter. If your criminal matter is one of a more serious nature and you haven't done so already, please contact Legal Aid Ontario. We do not represent client’s charged with domestic violence, or family member assaults or peace bonds regarding these matters.

These include, careless driving, speeding, improper turns, Liquor Licence Act offences, Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act offences, and Windsor By-law offences. View the Ministry of Transportation's website to see the Demerit Point System. We do not represent client’s charged with Driving Under the Influence.

We handle wrongful dismissal and consumer protection matters where the amount of money being sought must be at least $1,000.00 and no more than $10,000.00. We do not handle personal injury cases or cases that are person to person. Visit the Ministry of the Attorney General's website for very useful information and guidance on Small Claims Court Matters.

We represent consumers on many issues that deal with the enforcement of their legal rights. Issues we have assisted with include contract rights, breach legislated consumer rights and complaints with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.

We represent workers enforcing their employment right through the Ministry of Labour or Small Claims Court. We do not represent employers or unionized workers. Issues we have assisted with include wrongful dismissal, unpaid wages, workplace harassment and accommodation requests.

CLA has a restricted family law practice wherein we only assist with custody, access, and child support issues by way of formalizing parenting agreements. We also provide general family law summary advice appointments regarding custody, access and child support. CLA does not assist with any family law court matters.

We advocate for the dignified treatment of our seniors and offer assistance as they interact with the justice system. CLA strives to educate our community on ageism and elder abuse.


Commissioning & Notarizing - Do not sign the document! We need to witness your signature. $10 per

commissioned document and $25 per notarial copy. Please call 519.253.7150 to schedule an appointment.